Total Recipe Time: 25 to 30 minutes | Click Here to download PDF
Makes 4 servings
Use leftover steak or roast to recreate a classic from Philly—complete with peppers, onions and cheese sauce.
- 12 ounces reserved cooked Pepper-Crusted Tri-Tip Roast, thinly sliced
- 2 small red, green or yellow bell peppers, cut into 1/4-inch thick strips
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into 1/4-inch thick strips
- 3/4 cup reserved Garlic-Sherry Sauce
- 1/3 cup process cheese dip
- 2 tablespoons beer (optional)
- 4 sandwich rolls (each 6 inches long), split, toasted
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BEEF AND VEGETABLE CHEESE STEAK SANDWICH
- Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium heat until hot. Add bell peppers and onion; cook and stir 8 to 10 minutes or until peppers are tender and onions are golden brown. Add Garlic-Sherry Sauce; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce is hot. Stir in beef roast. Cover; remove from heat. Let stand 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cheese dip and beer, if desired, in small microwave-safe bowl. Cover; microwave on HIGH 45 to 60 seconds or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Divide beef mixture evenly over bottom of each roll. Top evenly with cheese sauce. Close sandwiches.
- Test Kitchen Tips
- Cheese dip and beer, if desired, may be combined in small saucepan and heated over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION FOR BEEF AND VEGETABLE CHEESE STEAK SANDWICH
Nutrition information per serving: 496 calories; 14 g fat (5.6 g saturated fat; 3.6 g monounsaturated fat); 80 mg cholesterol; 1241 mg sodium; 58 g carbohydrate; 3.7 g fiber; 35 g protein; 10.7 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 1.3 mcg vitamin B12; 4.3 mg iron; 27.6 mcg selenium; 4.4 mg zinc; 90.8 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of fiber and choline.