- Total Recipe Time: 2 to 2-1/2 hours
- Makes 8 to 12 appetizer servings
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds beef Country-Style Ribs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup cayenne pepper sauce for Buffalo wings, divided
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Carrot and celery sticks (optional)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BUFFALO-STYLE BEEF BITES
- Heat oil in large stockpot over medium heat until hot. Brown half of beef ribs; remove from stockpot. Repeat with remaining beef.
- Return beef to stockpot. Add beef broth, 2 tablespoons buffalo sauce, garlic powder and onion powder; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
- Remove beef from cooking liquid to large bowl; discard cooking liquid or reserve for another use. Toss beef with remaining 1/4 cup buffalo sauce. Sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles. Serve with carrot and celery sticks, if desired.
- Test Kitchen Tips
- Beef ribs can be served on 6-inch wooden skewers or with wooden toothpicks.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION FOR BUFFALO-STYLE BEEF BITES
Nutrition information per serving: 133 calories; 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 1 g monounsaturated fat); 46 mg cholesterol; 453 mg sodium; 1 g carbohydrate; 0.3 g fiber; 15 g protein; 2.0 mg niacin; 0.1 mg vitamin B6; 1.6 mcg vitamin B12; 1.5 mg iron; 15.0 mcg selenium; 4.7 mg zinc; 43.3 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of niacin.